Learn how to manage your anxiety in just 50 minutes with this practical and concise book. This common mental health issue can have major consequences on sufferers’ daily lives, with serious effects on their stress levels and personal relationships. Getting your anxiety under control can therefore vastly improve your overall wellbeing.
In this book, you will learn about the range of treatments available to combat anxiety, including meditation, therapy and alternative treatments such as acupuncture. It also features useful tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle and advice for dealing with panic attacks, giving you the tools you need to minimize your anxiety.
How can this book help you?
Dealing effectively with your anxiety will enable you to reduce your stress levels and enjoy better social relationships. This book will give you everything you need to:
- Understand the biological, psychological and social factors that contribute to anxiety
- Recognise the psychological, behavioural and physical symptoms of anxiety
- Distinguish between a range of anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Find out about the various treatments available for anxiety and choose the right one for you
- Support a loved one who is dealing with anxiety
This straightforward and accessible 48-page book is structured as follows:
- Conquer your anxiety
- What is anxiety?
- Stress, fear or anxiety?
- Anxiety disorders
- The origins of anxiety
- Debilitating symptoms
- How can you avoid letting anxiety overwhelm you?
- Personal initiative
- Professional treatment
- How can you keep your anxiety under control?
- A few final tips
- I am constantly worried and stressed. Everything makes me anxious and this sometimes paralyzes me. Is this normal?
- If I am naturally anxious, is there really anything I can do about it, since it is a part of my temperament?
- When I have a sudden anxiety attack, what can I do to calm down?
- My partner is a very anxious person. What can I do to help them?
50MINUTES.COM – Health and Wellbeing