Learn how to give and receive feedback in just 50 minutes with this practical and concise book. Feedback is an integral part of most modern working environments, and serves an important purpose in perfomance appraisal and professional development. However, if it is not constructive, feedback risks sapping motivation and fostering resentment; consequently, learning to deliver praise and criticism effectively is vital if you want to get the best from the people around you.
In this book, you will learn how constructive feedback can be useful in team management, professional relationships and personal development. It also features useful advice on when and how to give feedback and tips on accepting feedback from others, so you can make the most of this valuable opportunity to improve your performance.
How can this book help you in your career?
Giving and accepting feedback is an important part of career progression. This book will give you everything you need to:
- Understand when it is appropriate to give feedback and how best to deliver it
- Learn about the four types of feedback and their effects
- Adapt your feedback depending on the personality of the person you are talking to
- Listen to feedback from others and use it to improve your performance
This straightforward and accessible 36-page book is structured as follows:
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Effective feedback: the basics
- What does feedback include?
- The art of giving constructive feedback
- The art of receiving and accepting feedback
- Top tips
- What is feedback?
- When should I give feedback?
- What tone should I use to ensure that my feedback will be welcome?
- What steps are involved?
- What is the difference between feedback and judgement?
- What mistakes should be avoided?
- I find it difficult to accept criticism. How can I make sure that I take feedback well?
- The person involved is very sensitive. How can I make them accept my feedback?
- How can I ensure that my feedback has been effective?
- Can anything be discussed when giving feedback?
- Over to you
50MINUTES.COM – Coaching