Learn how to master the art of negotiation in just 50 minutes with this practical and concise book. Negotiation is crucial when dealing with both colleagues and clients, and becoming an effective negotiator can allow you to solve conflicts, come to agreements and strengthen relationships at work. Understanding the key principles of negotiation and learning to communicate confidently will allow you to have constructive discussions and successful exchanges, which is vital when you are looking to find solutions that satisfy everyone.
In this book, you will learn how effective negotiation can help you in professional relationships, communication and conflict resolution. It also features useful tips to become an active listener and advice on how to keep a balance between two different parties, meaning that you can become a shrewd negotiator in no time!
How can this book help you in your career?
Being a successful negotiator is a powerful asset, no matter what stage of your career you are at. This book will give you everything you need to:
- Understand how negotiation skills are essential in both our professional and personal lives
- Identify what makes a good negotiator and use this knowledge to improve your own skills
- Learn how to prepare your arguments and define your expectations
- Analyze the importance of listening to the other party and making compromises
This straightforward and accessible 36-page book is structured as follows:
- How to negotiate successfully
- Smooth negotiating: the basics
- Apprehending the negotiation
- Types of negotiations and relational games
- Negotiating to a written agreement
- Top tips
- What arguments can I use in favour of negotiation?
- What rules must be followed for the discussion to be constructive?
- How do I know if the exchange has been successful?
- How can I negotiate without seeming manipulative?
- The other party seems closed to all my attempts to compromise, what should I do?
- What are the characteristics of a good negotiator?
- Over to you
50MINUTES.COM – Coaching