Yoga for Beginners
Yoga for Beginners
Learn how to start practising yoga in just 50 minutes with this practical and concise book. This holistic discipline can be traced back to Indian philosophy dating back thousands of years, but the pressures of modern life mean that its principles have never been more relevant. In addition to the physical benefits of practising yoga poses, it can help reduce stress and promote a more positive outlook.
In this book, you will gain an understanding of the basic principles of yoga and the impact they can have on your mental and physical wellbeing, as well as discovering some of the most popular schools of yoga. It also features clear explanations of some of the most fundamental yoga poses, giving you everything you need to start practising yoga on a regular basis.
How can this book help you?
Yoga is a great way of improving your outlook and wellbeing. This book will give you everything you need to:
- Gain an understanding of the history of yoga
- Discover how the discipline has developed in the modern era
- Identify the aspects of yoga that will benefit you most
- Learn how to perform a number of simple but essential yoga poses
- Incorporate the principles of yoga into your lifestyle
This straightforward and accessible 62-page book is structured as follows:
- Yoga for beginners
- What is yoga?
- A discipline with a long history
- Choosing a school of yoga: a brief overview
- Principles of yoga
- Basic yoga poses
- Mountain Pose (tadasana)
- Standing Forward Bend (uttanasana)
- Warrior Pose (virabhadrasana)
- Plank Pose (kumbhakasana)
- Sphinx Pose (ardha bhujangasana)
- Downward-Facing Dog (adho mukha svanasana)
- How to begin practising yoga regularly
- Do I need to be physically fit before taking up yoga?
- Are there any precautions I should take when practising yoga?
- How often can I practise yoga?
- What are the benefits of practising yoga on a regular basis?
- How do I know if I am performing a pose correctly?
- Can yoga improve muscle definition?
- Can yoga facilitate weight loss?
50MINUTES.COM – Health and Wellbeing