Learn how to use transactional analysis in just 50 minutes with this practical and concise book. This psychoanalytical method was developed by Eric Berne in the 1950s, and aims to help users improve their relationships with both themselves and other people. It is an accessible, straightforward and highly effective method that anyone can use, no matter their personal circumstances or past experiences.
In this book, you will gain an understanding of the three ego-states and their impact on our interpersonal relationships, find out how the life script you have internalised could be holding you back and take back control of your life. It also features practical examples and tips for putting the method into practice in your day-to-day life, giving you the tools you need to maximise your personal wellbeing.
How can this book help you?
Transactional analysis is a straightforward, effective way of improving your relationships. This book will give you everything you need to:
- Understand the basic principles of transactional analysis
- Identify and alter the limiting beliefs that are holding you back
- Build healthier relationships with those around you
- Communicate more effectively to ensure that your needs are met
- Increase your autonomy and personal fulfilment
This straightforward and accessible 52-page book is structured as follows:
- Transactional analysis
- The tools of transactional analysis
- The ego-state model
- Fundamental needs
- Time structure and our relationships with others
- Life scripts
- What makes transactional analysis different from other approaches?
- Who can benefit from transactional analysis?
- What fields is transactional analysis used in?
- How can you learn to use transactional analysis?
- Does being autonomous mean always being an Adult?
- How can autonomy help us on a day-to-day basis?
- What does misreading mean?
- How do psychological games work?
- Can we ever fully escape our life script?
50MINUTES.COM – Health and Wellbeing